Volunteers form the backbone and heart of our Swim England Cambridgeshire family.
They support our clubs, events and programmes across the county and without them we would simply not be able to carry on!
Whether you get involved in volunteering for an hour or 100 hours, your contribution goes a long way to inspiring more people to get in the water and take part.
Why get involved?
Volunteering is hugely rewarding, for some it gives them to opportunity to learn new skills and build confidence, for others it helps to improve health and wellbeing, and for many it is the joy and satisfaction gained from helping others or ‘giving something back’ to your sport.County Officials SecretaryOther reasons to get involved:
- Personal skill development
- Be part of a community
- Contribute to the development and engagement of individuals in sport
- Opportunities to access Swim England Qualifications
- Access to volunteering opportunities at national events and championships
How to get involved
Most volunteers in swimming have to be members of a swimming club and are therefore properly insured.
There are two different ways of getting involved with volunteering with Swim England Cambridgeshire:
- If you want to train as a technical official you will be able to find out more information from your club. Alternatively please email our County Officials Secretary. Learn more about training for technical officials.
- If you do not want to train as a technical official but would like to help us run events there are plenty of opportunities for you. These include supporting our IT team, helping marshal swimmers, providing refreshments around the pool deck and welcoming visitors at our reception desk. All you need do is email our Volunteers Coordinator.