Team Manager training is designed to ensure any volunteers who are taking groups of athletes to competition or camps, locally or abroad, are fully equipped to do their role. This course is recommended for anyone aged 16yrs or over. It should be noted that an individual cannot take the role of a Team Manager fully until they turn 18yrs.
There are two levels of Team Manager Training:
Introduction to team management at a club & local level.
This training is intended to be a basic and informative workshop to give participants the confidence and knowledge to effectively manage a team at a local level. The course is designed to achieve the following four outcomes:
- To raise awareness of the key areas to consider in being a safe and effective Team Manager at local competitions
- To identify likely problems and challenges
- To understand the need for risk assessments
- To be aware of where further help, guidance and support is available
Overnight stays and travel abroad.
This training is designed for Team Managers who have successfully completed Swim England Team Manager Module 1 training and have gained experience in Team Management at a local level.
This workshop builds upon these experiences and aims to equip a Team Manager to effectively manage overnight stays or travelling. The workshop is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To raise awareness of key areas in being a safe and effective Team Manager when staying away from home and travelling abroad
- To identify likely problems and challenges associated with overnight stays and travelling abroad
- To understand the value of risk assessments
- To be aware of where further help, guidance and support is available.